This Policy applies to our warehouse store, our Web Sites, and all other channels in which Creative Children collects and uses your personal information.
- What information we collect
- How we collect information
- Information we collect automatically
- How we use the information we collect
- When your information is removed
- How we share your information
- How we protect your information
- How you can protect your information
- How to unsubscribe
- How to contact us
1. What we collect
At Creative Children, we collect two types of information: personal information and non-personal information. The types of information we collect depend on the nature of your interaction with us.
Personal information is information that can identify an individual or information about an identifiable individual. We may collect personal information such as:
- your contact information - e.g., name, postal address, telephone number, and email address;
- your personal preferences - e.g. your transaction information - products purchased, method of payment, amount paid.
Non-personal information does not identify you as an individual. For example:
- we may collect certain non-personal data when you visit our Web Sites, such as the type of browser you are using or the referring URL; or
- we may collect and summarize customer information in a non-personal, aggregate format for statistical and research purposes.
You may choose not to provide us with your personal information. However, if you make this choice we may not be able to provide you with the product, service, or information that you requested.
From time to time we may supplement information you give us with information from other sources, such as information validating your address or other available information you have provided us. This is to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect and to help us provide better service.
2. How we collect information
Listed here are some further examples of the ways that we collect personal information directly from you and how we use it.
In-Store and Online Purchases
When you purchase a Creative Children product or service, you may need to provide us with contact and payment information (such as credit card information) so that we can process your request or complete your transaction. Examples where we need contact information include delivery services and product servicing. We may request your email address for the purpose of sending you an e-receipt.
We also may use your contact information to send you promotional information.
Returns and Exchanges
Our goal is to ensure that you are completely satisfied with your purchase and to this end, Creative Children offers a Return Policy. For Creative Children to continue to offer our Return Policy, we ask for personal information such as your name, address, and telephone number for the purposes of detecting and preventing fraud.
Purchase Follow-Up and Surveys
Following a purchase from some of our departments we may send you a follow-up letter to thank you for your business, or we may contact you to ensure that you are completely satisfied with the delivery, setup, or installation of your new product.
We may use contact information collected in-store or online to conduct occasional surveys and other customer research. These surveys are entirely voluntary and you may easily decline to participate.
Our Web Sites
Our Web Sites can be browsed anonymously. To engage in certain special features or functions of our Web Sites, or to order products and services from our Web Sites, you may be asked to provide certain personal information, such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, or credit card information. We use this information to create your account, contact and correspond with you about your order, respond to your inquiries, and monitor functions of our Web Sites that you choose to use. If you choose to ship an order to a third party, you represent and warrant that you have obtained all necessary consents from the third party to permit Creative Children to collect, use, and disclose the third party’s personal information for the purposes of fraud prevention and processing and shipping the order.
The Customer Review functionality is provided as a rating system that offers you the chance to share your thoughts on a product. These reviews are accessible to all Web Site visitors so please use discretion when posting information to them and do not post personal information.
Sign-Up for Newsletters or Updates
Creative Children offers a variety of newsletters and promotional communications. You may choose to stop receiving these communications at any time. Each marketing or promotional email we send to you will include a link or other method to quickly and easily unsubscribe and decline further similar emails.
Participate in a Contest or Promotion
3. Information Collected automatically
In some cases, we automatically collect certain information.
Our Web Sites
When using our Web Sites, we may collect the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, the IP address of your Internet Service Provider, the date and time you access our Web Sites, the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our Web Site, the operating system you are using, the sections of the Web Site you visit, the Web Site pages read and images viewed, and the content you download from the Web Site. This information is used for Web Site and system administration purposes and to improve the Web Sites.
The Web Site uses "cookies", a technology that installs a small amount of information on a Web Site user's computer to permit the Web Site to recognize future visits using that computer. Cookies enhance the convenience and use of the Web Site. For example, the information provided through cookies is used to recognize you as a previous user of the Web Site (so you do not have to enter your language preference every time), to offer personalized Web page content and information for your use, to track your activity at the Web Site, to respond to your needs, and to otherwise facilitate your Web Site experience. You may choose to decline cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may affect your use of the Web Site and your ability to access certain features of the Web Site or engage in transactions through the Web Site.
Links to Other Web Sites
Our Web Site may contain links to other Web sites or Internet resources which are provided solely for your convenience and information. When you click on one of those links you are contacting another Web site or Internet resource. Creative Children has no responsibility or liability for, or control over, those other Web sites or Internet resources or their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of those other Web sites to learn how they collect and use your personal information.
4. How we use the information we collect
Creative Children may use your personal information for a number of different business purposes, for example to:
- fulfill orders and requests for products, services or information;
- process returns, exchanges and layaway requests;
- detect and protect against fraud and error;
- establish and manage your accounts with us;
- track and confirm online orders;
- deliver or install products;
- track and analyze your purchases and preferences to better understand your product and service needs and eligibility;
- market and advertise products and services;
- communicate things like special events, promotions and surveys;
- conduct research and analysis;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business; and
5. When Your Information is Removed
We keep your information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes and to meet any legal requirements. We have retention standards that meet these parameters. We destroy your information when it is no longer needed, or we remove your personally identifiable information to render it anonymous.
6. How we share your information
Creative Children does not sell or rent our customers’ personal information to any other party. However, in the normal course of business we may share some of your personal information within our corporate family.
For example, we may share personal information with third parties to perform services on our behalf such as: fulfilling online orders, processing non-cash payments, sending marketing communications, servicing products, conducting research surveys, verifying and validating information that you have provided to us, delivering products, and providing customer support services.
Creative Children has taken precautions to prevent the fraudulent use of your information on our Web Sites. Creative Children has adopted industry standard authentication procedures to ensure your protection while shopping with us online. This includes, but is not limited to, contacting financial institutions or credit reporting agencies to ensure the authenticity of your credit card and to validate your credit card billing information.
Information Shared Amongst Creative Children, its Corporate Parents, Affiliates, Subsidiaries and Divisions
Product Safety Recalls
In the event we receive notice from a manufacturer of a product safety recall, we may provide your contact information, limited to name, address, and telephone number, to the manufacturer so that they may notify you of the recall and supply details of any replacement or repair programs. This transfer or your contact information will occur only for recalls that may impact your personal safety or impair the functionality of the product you purchased from us.
Sale or Transfer of all or part of Creative Children
Creative Children may disclose your information as permitted or required by law. For example, we may be compelled to release information by a court of law or other person or entity with jurisdiction to compel production of such information. If we have reasonable grounds to believe information could be useful in the investigation of improper or unlawful activity, we may disclose information to law enforcement agencies or other appropriate investigative bodies.
7. How we protect your information
The security of your personal information is a high priority for Creative Children. We maintain appropriate safeguards and current security standards to protect your personal information, whether recorded on paper or captured electronically, against unauthorized access, disclosure, or misuse. For example we employ technological tools like firewalls and passwords; and we ensure our employees are trained on the importance of maintaining the security and confidentiality of personal information.
Our Web Sites use encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL"), to protect your personal information during data transport. SSL encrypts ordering information such as your name, address, and credit card number.
Choosing a Password
When you create an online account on our Web Sites, you need to select a personal password. To maximize your level of protection, you should choose at least 6 characters including a combination of both letters and numbers. You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and any account information. Creative Children will never send an unsolicited communication asking you for your password or requesting that you update your account credentials.
8. How you can protect your information
Steps to protect your online accounts
1. Create a unique password for this site and don't re-use passwords
• Don't use a single word, even if you use letter substitutions
• Longer is better; sentences are okay as long as they're not a well-known or well-used phrase
• Include numbers and special characters (&, !, " are a few examples) to make your password even stronger
• Passwords are case-sensitive, so use a mixture of upper and lowercase letters
• Don't use information easily found on the Internet (for example, personal information that could be found on Facebook, Twitter or other social media sites)
2. Change Passwords Often
• You should change your password every 90 days to help protect your account.
3. Use Different Passwords Across Websites
• Don't use the same username and password combination for multiple websites.
4. Check Your Credit Card Charges
• Be vigilant about ensuring all your charges are legitimate. If you see any suspicious charges, contact your credit card or bank and the retailer through which the order was placed to have the charges removed and, of course, change your sign-in information on any compromised account.
5. Use Anti-Virus Software
• Install anti-virus or anti-malware software from a reputable company.
6. Be on the Lookout for Phishing and Smishing Scams
• Attempts at obtaining personal information from consumers for use in committing fraud are on the rise worldwide. Individuals trick consumers into revealing personal information by posing as legitimate businesses. We will never contact you by email and ask for your personal information.
How You Can Verify Your Information
You may check your information to verify, update, or correct it. You can ask to review any of the information that we have retained, how we have used it, and to whom we have disclosed it at any time by contacting us as indicated below under the heading " How to contact us”.
*Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, and provided we can authenticate your identity, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information, and will be entitled to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and to have it amended as appropriate
9. How to Unsubscribe
If you no longer wish to be contacted regarding promotions, new products or publications please click here.
Please note: you may continue to receive certain transactional or account related email messages.
10. How to contact us
Creative Children is responsible for all personal information under its control. Our Privacy Manager is accountable for Creative Children's compliance with the principles described here. If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about the privacy practices of our organization please contact us at the following
By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Mail: Creative Children
Attention: Privacy Manager
Unit 6 3005 Murray Street
Port Moody BC
We will respond to your request or investigate your concern as quickly as we can, but no later than 30 days from the date of receipt of your query.
Last update: March 2022